Thirty-three Friends gathered at Pendle Hill in August 2014 from Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, South Dakota, New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Washington DC. We met face to face in a community of practice sharing our passion for the work and exploring how we can continue to support Friends religious education programs and materials.
The major underpinnings the gathered group confirmed:
- Religious education for Friends is about taking people to their Inner Teacher.
- Each Quaker Meeting grows in its own way.
- Whatever we do must be theologically and geographically inclusive.
- Meetings need families, and families need religious education.
- Religious education is for children of all ages.
- From infant to elder, all of us are teachers and all of us are learners.