New Resource Library coming soon!
The Resource Sharing Page is a place where we can post links to articles and other resources that support us in our work. We welcome your comments on these materials and suggestions of links to others that have helped you. (You must be logged in to post comments.)
(Please feel free to print, duplicate, and post articles which come with the QREC logo. Please respect the copyrights on materials found in links.)
- Nurturing Children's Spiritual Lives: A Journey of Spirit and Wonder , by Melinda Wenner Bradley (PDF, booklet format)
- Nurturing Children's Spiritual Lives: A Journey of Spirit and Wonder, by Melinda Wenner Bradley (PDF, 8.5x11 format)
- CULTIVANDO LA VIDA ESPIRITUAL DE LOS NIÑOS: Un viaje en el espíritu y las interrogantes Por Melinda Wenner Bradley, Traducido por Emma Condori Mamani & voluntarios
- Considerations When Choosing and Using Books in First Day School, by Gail Thomas
- Quaker History Children's Plays, by the children of Southern Illinois Society of Friends, Carbondale, IL. Links to seven original plays. Seven original plays that can be downloaded. (Also, mention of two older publications for sale at QuakerBooks of FGC, which QREC suggests get carefully reviewed for racial and cultural stereotypes, assumptions and bias before use.)
- Vocal Ministry Skit, Shared by Friends Meeting of Washington (Baltimore YM). Based on a flow chart created by Sydney Chambers of Wellesley Friends Meeting (NEYM), first published in the October 2005 issue of Friends' Journal, "Speaking into the Silence.”
- Planning Calendar for First Day Programs 2017-18 -- print and fill in with Religious Education or FDS committees (includes links to resource materials)
- "When the Light is at Work in Us." A half-page guide to introducing discernment practices to children, collaboratively created by NEYM and NYYM Friends
- Choosing Books for First Day School:Guidelines for Selecting Books
- "Jesus Stories for Friends" -- Four stories about Jesus teaching and healing, to be told in the manner of Godly Play/Faith & Play. Written by Michael Gibson.